If you have heard it already, the Gokongwei Group has launched its very own digital bank that will be a new addition to the growing financial technology industry in the Philippines.
GoTyme Bank is a joint venture of Gokongwei Group (the umbrella company handling Robinsons Mall, Shopwise, and Robinsons Supermarket, among others) and Tyme Bank from Singapore.
Just like any other digital bank, GoTyme Bank does not have physical branches. Transactions are all made through a dedicated mobile app. But as the GoTyme is still in its first few months as an official digital banking entity, some services, such as issuance of a debit card and cash-in and cash-out, are required to be done via physical transactions in assigned GoTyme kiosks.
How to register to GoTyme?
There are two ways in which you can register for a GoTyme account, either through the GoTyme App or visit a GoTyme digital kiosk.
Registering through the mobile app is more convenient as you can do this with just your mobile phone with a stable data connection and a valid ID ready.
- Download the GoTyme mobile app. The app is available for iOS and Android mobile users.
- Open the app and tap Open an account.
- Follow the signing-up instructions. Be honest with your answers.
- Prepare for a selfie.
- Have your valid ID ready. You need to take a photo of your ID. The accepted IDs are the following:
- PRC (Accepted but may require supporting documents)
- SSS(Accepted but may require supporting documents)
- Driver’s license
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Philippine Passport
- Philsys ID
- Verify that the captured data from the ID are correct.
- Enter your place of birth.
- Verify your home address.
- Provide details regarding your employment
- Select your occupation.
- Select your main source of income.
- Assign a username and six-digit passcode. This will be used every time you log in to your account via the GoTyme app.
- If you have a GoRewards card associated with your name, you can link it to your newly created GoTyme account.
And you’re done!
How to get a GoTyme Debit Card
Once you log in to the GoTyme app, it will show that there is no debit card available or associated to your GoTyme account. You can get one and print it from one of the GoTyme Digital kiosks near you. Check out the list of GoTyme digital kiosks locations and see which one is closest to you.
A GoTyme staff will assist you with the whole process. Just provide a few identifications to the computer, set your six-digit debit card PIN, and wait for a minute or two as the machine prints your details on the card. All these in less than five minutes!